Thingamajigs



With you, it was natural.
Now it is a natural disaster.
I am just like dynamite
and anyone can play the blaster.
Every kiss is hiding a bite,
every day is afraid of the night,
every newcomer fears their master.

Passion is innocuous
but love is a field of land mines,
a commitment full of deadlines:
an hour to get his name,
a week of wine and dine,
a month pretending it is only a game,
a year to turn ‘exciting’ into ‘just fine’,
and then three long years
to hear love’s fading whine.

I used to love you, Mister Wrong,
your accent, your lack of haste.
I used to write you many songs
but now I am barren of inspiration
or maybe I am afraid to tell you face to face
that this love starvation
is only filled up with your taste.

"Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you."

Comentarios